For many years, several international travel guides have been ranking Uganda and Rwanda as among the best tourist attractions in Africa. Many travelers take safaris to both Uganda and Rwanda to engage in several adventures that include gorilla trekking safaris, chimpanzee viewing, unrivalled game viewing and more. This is due to the fact that, the two countries have the most attractive attractions like mountain gorillas, chimpanzees, elephants, hippos, warthogs, crocodiles among others. The type of vegetation is also awesome along side a variety of birds like crested cranes, shoebills, doves, Guinea among others.
Below are some of the most selling adventurous experiences that makes the two countries, the best tourist destination:
- Game drives through the game reserves – memorable game drives through Akagera National Park (Rwanda), Murchison Falls National Park, Kidepo Valley National Park, Lake Mburo national Park, Semliki National Park and Queen Elizabeth National park. While on game drives, expect to see a variety of wild animals and birds. Night game drives in Semliki National Pak of Uganda reward visitors the view of night moving animals like tigers, leopards, bush babies among others.
- Gorilla trekking or tracking – in Uganda the activity is done in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, Mgahinga National Park and Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda. This is the most selling activity in the two countries and it is believed that the trekking earns the sister countries a lot of foreign exchange- highest amount of money.
- Chimpanzee trekking or tracking – the experience in Kibale forest National Park, Kyambura gorge of Queen Elizabeth National park and Budongo Forest in Uganda while in Rwanda, chimp tracking is done in Nyungwe Forest National Park. The experience involves moving through the forest and search for the chimps in their natural habitat.
- Cultural village walk – the walk expose visitors to local people in their natural setting. Skills in drumming, dancing, clapping, weaving among others are obtained.
- Golden monkey tracking – They are found in Volcanoes national Park (Rwanda) and Mgahinga National Park (Uganda). Like Gorilla and Chimpanzee trekkin, Golden monkey trekking involves moving through the forests and search for them in the natural habitat. Golden monkey trekking is the tird thought activity after Gorilla and chimpanzee trekking experience.
- Relax and chill out on Bulago Island, Lake Bunyonyi birds sanctuary, along the Nile, Lake Kivu among others. It is sweet when visitors chill while taking a drive – that is why many visitors are seen sun bathing at the shores of Lake and Rivers in Uganda and Rwanda.
- Boat safaris on Lake Victoria, Lake Kyoga, Lake Kivu, River Nile, among others. Boat cruises rewards the view of water loving birds and animals like Hippos, Crocodiles, Warthogs, Buffaloes among others.
- Fishing on different water bodies while on canoes.
- Mountain Climbing – Mountaineering on Rwenzori, Mountain Elgon, Mountain Mgahinga, Rwanda volcanoes national park.
- Hot Air Balloon Safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park for clear and wide range wildlife viewing and excellent photographing.
- Bungee Jumping into the River Nile.
- Horse Back Riding in Lake Mburo National Park, Kabwoya wildlife reserve.
- Forest walk to the Batwa communities – Batwa Pygmies are known to be the keepers of the forest.
- Nile River rafting, Canoe safaris among others.
Looking for a Uganda Rwanda Safari? There are lots of great offers available from different tour operators. Check out our comprehensive list of the green tour operators who conduct carefully created responsible tours in East Africa.