Home stay is a form of tourism and/or study abroad program that allows the visitor to rent a room from a local family to better learn the local lifestyle as well as improve their language ability.
While home stays can occur in any destination worldwide, some countries do more to encourage home-stay than others as a means of developing their tourism industry.
Honestly, from our gorilla tour we realized that home stay tourism is of positive impact to both the local communities and the visitors/tourists. A home stay in Africa is one of the most interesting things to do on your safari.
Why Opt for Homestays?
- Home stays creates either way teach of cultures amongst the host communities and tourists. This is one of the most important way to witness new cultures, learn about them and have a wonderful experience during your safari.
- Home stays build strong relationships among travelers and the host communities
- Home stays offer a great way for local communities to earn of income. This is important in promoting sustainable tourism in Africa, the best way to promote ecotourism.
- Home stays bring innovations and initiative developments in local villages.
- Hosting a homestay participant also allows the local family to earn some additional, needed income.
It is out of this type of tourism concept that some projects in Uganda like Tinka’s home near Kibale forest, Uganda community and Tourism Association (UCOTA), Bomu women’s group and much more have developed. These projects specialize in African art and crafts, provide local food taboos, African technology methods, clients do participate and at the end of their holidays are skilled to make out these arts and crafts, prepare foods, they take them at their home for their life memorable experience.
Therefore it is believed that for those clients participating in this tourism concept enjoy a lot of fascinating experience and it is a must for such clients to come back. So it is an advice to clients to book for such package with us in advance for proper arrangements to avoid dissatisfaction during the holiday. I think this article found of value, may i request you to forward it to friends and other relatives.